I’m hosting an introduction to calligraphy workshop today! Here are the resources I’ll be sharing with my class:
Suggested Tools for Beginners
- Tombow Fudenosuke pens
- Pigma Micron in various sizes: 005, 01, 02, 03, 05, 08
- Graph paper or Calligraphy Grid from PrintablePaper.net
Quick Tips from Me!
- Top Ten Lettering Tools Under $10
- Calligraphy 101: The Basic Strokes
- Calligraphy 101: Lowercase Letters
- Calligraphy 101: Uppercase Letters
Artists and Accounts to Follow
- Becca Courtice aka The Happy Ever Crafter [YouTube | Instagram | Website]: Becca shares awesome tips for beginners as well as calligraphers who are trying to jumpstart their business. Her mailing list is totally worth it, chock-full of tips, video interviews with other lettering artists, and free resources. She also hosts the #showmeyourdrills challenge on Instagram, accompanied by her free tutorials on her website.
- LoveLeigh Loops [YouTube | Instagram | Website]: These sisters share amazing tips on their Instagram! Follow them for helpful tips to improve your skills. Their website and YouTube have additional resources to help you pick the right tools and get the hang of “bouncy lettering.”
- Letter Archive [Instagram]: Follow this account on Instagram or search their hashtags for each letter (#letterarchive_a, #letterarchive_b, #letterarchive_c…) for a variety of lettering styles.
- Goodtype [Instagram]: This is more for lettering than for calligraphy. Fuel your creativity by getting exposed to innovative, inspiring lettering styles and artists!
Keep an eye out on my stories @nerdladydraws today to see how the workshop went! I’ll put it on my highlights as well!